Content below provided by The Idea Village.
Tomorrow 12 May The village of ideas organizes the Demo Day, the culmination of VILLAGEx, their flagship accelerator program for emerging tech-driven companies. This year’s VILLAGEx accelerator kicked off in January and has provided intensive mentoring, resources and training from industry leaders to help entrepreneurs grow their businesses.
The demonstration day will include presentations from the founders selected to be part of the current VILLAGEx cohort. âEach year, Demo Day gives us the chance to celebrate and showcase some of the incredible businesses being built in our region. Last year’s event was virtual due to COVID-19, and this year we are delighted to revert to the original format of the demo day and welcome the community in person, âsaid Brenna Kane, COO of The Idea Village.
The event is expected to take place at The Odeon, but will be transferred to the warehouse of the Center des Arts Contemporains in case of bad weather, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Participating founders have created scalable startups in the Louisiana area and represent hope and resilience following an unprecedented and challenging year for businesses and individuals. The startups that will be presented at the Demo Day are:
- Bloks: Bloks allows a personalized and simple development of mobile applications.
- BypassLines: Bypass is a location-specific ordering system that allows consumers to see on-site food and retail merchants in one location to order, pay, pick up, or have it delivered to headquarters.
- Bitters El Guapo: El Guapo Bitters offers clean labels, bitter cocktails, crisp syrups and mixers.
- hampr: hampr is an on-demand laundry app with a subscription model that offers next day wash / dry / fold services.
- HookM Solutions: HookM is a fishing charter management app for captains, guides and boat owners that offers booking, scheduling and payment services.
- Kinemagic: Kinemagic offers collaborative and scalable software for AR and VR experiences.
- Something borrowed is blooming: Something Borrowed Blooms seeks to revolutionize the wedding flower industry by offering premium quality silk flowers for hire, saving customers up to 70% of traditional costs and providing a more durable product.
- Spot2Night: Spot2Night offers users the ability to find and reserve vacant RV campsites that meet their needs and criteria.
The demo day is free but space is limited and participants are encouraged to confirm attendance as soon as possible by visiting www.ideavillage.org/demoday21.