The summer months are the perfect time to learn how to fish, or even to start fishing again if you haven’t fished in years. Fish and Game, Magic Valley area staff will be taking their Take Me Fishing trailer to ponds and lakes in the Magic Valley area in June and July 2022.
No fishing experience is necessary. Fish and Game staff and volunteers will be on hand to help children and adults learn the basics of fishing.
Anyone who registers for the trailer during these events can fish without a license during the hours of the event. Once the event is over, a fishing license is required for anyone 14 years of age and older.
Fish and Game will provide fishing rods, tackle and bait.
All scheduled fishing events will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
• Saturday June 4 Camas Kids Pond – Camas Lily Days, Fairfield
• Wednesday, June 8 Filer Pond – Filer
• Saturday, June 11 Riley Pond – Hagerman, and it’s free fishing day all over Idaho!
• Wednesday 15 June Gavers Lagoon – Hayspur Hatchery, Picabo
• Saturday June 18 Freedom Park Pond – Burley
• Wednesday June 22 Oster Lake #1 – Hagerman
• Saturday, June 25 Castle Rocks State Park – Almo
• Wednesday, June 29 Dierkies Lake – Twin Falls
• Wednesday 6 July Gavers Lagoon – Hayspur Hatchery, Picabo
• Saturday July 16 Freedom Park Pond – Burley
• Saturday July 23 Penny Lake – Ketchum (Warm Springs)
• Saturday July 30 Lake Cleveland – Albion, Mt. Harrison
Take Me Fishing trailer events are happening across the state. Check the trailer schedule for a free and fun day of fishing near you.
For more information, contact the Magic Valley regional office at (208) 324-4359.